Foundation / Corporation
Genesis Prize Foundation and Jewish Funders Network
Grants to USA, Canada, and International nonprofit organizations for programs to empower women in the Jewish communities of North America. Funding may be used to support projects or to provide general operating support for organizations that have a mission of empowering Jewish women.
The main goals of the Matching Grant Initiative are:
- To strengthen organizations and projects which strategically further women’s empowerment in the North American Jewish community
- To initiate systemic change as it relates to advancing women in the Jewish community
- To identify and fund innovative projects and organizations in the field of women’s empowerment
- To use the leverage of matching funds to foster the field of women’s empowerment in the Jewish community and bring both new funders and new funding into the field
- To encourage funders to engage with non-profits on particular projects and take an active role in developing and increasing the impact of those organizations
The field of women’s empowerment is broad, and as a result, there are several priority areas that have been identified for funding as part of this matching grant initiative. Programs should seek to address at least one of the following:
- Prevent gender-based discrimination, harassment, and assault
- Provide gender-inclusive educational and training programs
- Conduct research on economic issues challenging women working in the Jewish community
- Provide encouragement and opportunities for Jewish girls and women to become interested – and remain engaged – in STEM education and careers
Requests must be program-specific unless the mission of the organization is exclusively related to women’s empowerment in the Jewish community. Only organizations whose missions specifically reflect the field of women’s empowerment in the Jewish community will be eligible for general operating support grants as part of this initiative.
GrantWatch ID#: 159799
Match will be capped at $150,000 per organization.
The length of grant period is one year.
For the purpose of this grant, all applications must be submitted and executed through nonprofits with the 501c3 (USA) tax designation or the legal equivalent in the organization’s home country.
Organizations or projects must meet the following requirements:
- Operating budget size must be at least $500,000 per year
- Financially stable
- Minimum two-year operating history
- 501c3 status required (fiscal sponsors permitted)
- National organizations with local chapters permitted
- Multiple applications permitted
Applications may be submitted through the online application form only and are due by November 16, 2018.
Qualifying gifts ranging from $25,000 to $150,000 will be considered for a 1:1 match, with the flexibility to fund less than 100% of requested funds. The maximum match for a single gift is $150,000; individual gifts greater than $150,000 are eligible to receive a maximum of $150,000 in matching funds. For example, a new gift of $200,000 could be matched with $150,000 from the funding pool, generating $350,000 for the organization or project.
Guidelines and Eligibility: http://genesis-prize-womens-empowerment-match.org/goals-and-guidelines
Recording of the Information Session: https://youtu.be/evNHiLj2dgQ
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application: https://fs22.formsite.com/jfunders/GPFWomensEmpowermentMG/index.html
Melissa Rosen, Program Manager
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming