Foundation / Corporation
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Grants ranging from $100 to $750 to USA, Canada, and Mexico organizations, schools, and youth for innovative neighborhood activities and events that incorporate birds, the arts, gardening, a science project, and community participation. Funding is intended for programs that inspire others to organize similar events in their communities.
Celebrate Urban Birds is a citizen science project focused on better understanding the value of green spaces for birds. This project connects people of all ages and backgrounds to birds and the natural world through the arts and fun neighborhood activities.
The grants could be used to support a bird-activity day after school; at a local museum, library, or community center; or fund art and gardening activities at your club, business, school, senior center, or neighborhood.
Winning projects should:
- Include the arts
- Include gardening
- Connect the public with nature
- Teach the public about birds, especially the Fund's 16 focal species
- Collect date by participating in the Celebrate Urban Bird citizen science activity
- Distribute Celebrate Urban Bird kits.
All mini-grant applicants are offered training to support their events (even if their proposals are not funded). Organizations working with underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The arts, greening, learning about birds, and citizen science are part of the event/project.
- The event/project will take place in an underserved community.
- Data collection for Celebrate Urban Birds project is part of the event!
- Events/projects take place in the neighborhood, school, community center, etc... Participants should learn about the birds/wildlife that exists in their neighborhood.
- The project has been well-planned and it's really going to happen.
- Applicants show how the money requested will be spent. The budget has been broken down and it's clear that the cost of things/services has been researched.
GrantWatch ID#: 177887
Mini-grants range from $100 to $750.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Apply online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/minigrant2019
With any questions, write to: email@example.com
Urban Bird Studies
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
159 Sapsucker Woods Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.