Foundation / Corporation
Illinois Prairie Community Foundation (IPCF)
02/28/18 11:59 PM CST
Grants totaling over $21,000 to McLean County, Illinois nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and tax-exempt religious organizations for Jewish arts, cultural, and educational programs. Specific criteria for each of these focus areas are outlined below. Preference will be given to programs and projects that benefit larger audiences.
Funding will specifically be provided for Jewish themed arts, music, and theater programs; Jewish educational programs and materials; and Jewish cultural enrichment programs that are open to all. Examples of educational programs include books for libraries, lectures, school curriculum, and the like.
GrantWatch ID#: 179300
For reference only, the range of grant awards in 2017 was $3,000 to $8,200; the average grant award was
Grant funding is for the period of June 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019.
- Applicants must have tax-exempt status under Section 501 (c) 3 of the Internal Revenue Code, operate under a fiscal sponsor that is a 501 (c) 3 organization, be a local unit of local, county, state, or federal government, or be a tax-exempt religious organization as recognized by the IRS.
- Program must be available to residents of McLean County
- Programs must be operated and organized in such a manner that no applicable anti-discrimination laws are violated; programs must not proselytize for a particular religion or cause.
- Organizations that have received past grants from Illinois Prairie Community Foundation must be current on all grant Final Reports.
- The Executive Director, CEO, or President of the Board of an organization applying must approve the application.
What Is Not Funded:
- Non program-related expenses
- Endowment campaigns
- Annual fund raising events and expenses
- Capital improvements or expenditures
- Conference or continuing education expenses
Click on the link in the Supporting Documents section below to download the grant guidelines.
Click here for general award criteria for all Foundation grants: http://www.ilprairiecf.org/illinois-prairie-grants-overview/
- The application window is open from February 1 to February 28, 2018.
- Submission deadline is February 28, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. (CST)
- Grant applicants will be notified of the outcome of their grant request by April 30, 2018.
- Grant awards will be distributed beginning in May 2018.
Applications will only be accepted through online portal. No paper applications or electronic submissions will be accepted.
If you apply for a Shulman Grant, you may not apply for the identical program to the IPCF General and IPCF/Mirza Arts and Culture Grants which run consecutively with Shulman Grants. You may, however, apply to multiple grant categories if the applications are for distinctly different programs and fit the criteria listed for the particular grant category.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application: https://www.grantrequest.com/SID_5839?SA=SNA&FID=35008
Questions? Contact Michele Evans, Grants and Communications Director, Illinois Prairie Community Foundation, 309-662-4477 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
USA: Illinois: McLean County